You must contact Ohio National Life Insurance at 800-366-6654 to make an application for coverage. The customer service department is open from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time (ET) Monday through Friday. You will find some of their important information here in Ohio National Life Insurance Review.
- Pros and Con sof Ohio National Life Insurance
- What types of life insurance coverage does Ohio National offer?
- Are there any other riders that I may include in my policy?
- Ohio National life insurance reviews and complaints
Pros and Con sof Ohio National Life Insurance
- Offering a unique level of customization.
- Account administration is done entirely online.
- Possibility of receiving a dividend payment.
- The claims procedure went really well.
- The ability to bear debt.
- More stringent requirements for those applying for loans.
- There aren’t any quotations available right now on the internet.
- There will be no payments made using a credit card.
- New Yorkers will have to look elsewhere.
What types of life insurance coverage does Ohio National offer?
Permanent and term insurance is offered by Ohio National.
- Term life insurance. Ohio National provides two term life insurance plans with maturities ranging from 10 to 20 years. In terms of protection, Flex Term Basic provides the most basic options, while Flex Term Plus adds a conversion function. A temporary policy can then be updated before the deadline comes around.
- Whole life insurance. There are five whole life plans available from the insurer, each with a distinct payment schedule. Value IV and 100 II have flat premiums, while 10 Pay and 20 Pay let you pay off your coverage in the first 10 or 20 years. Finally, Prestige Max III lets you pay premiums until age 65, or until you’ve had the coverage for 10 years.
- Universal life insurance. Universal life insurance has never been easier than with the Ohio National V-Pro UL. You’re covered for the rest of your life, and you’re earning interest at a certain rate established by the insurer. Additionally, you have complete control over how much and how often your premiums are paid.
- Variable universal life insurance. Virtus VL is a hybrid insurance that develops cash value based on the success of your portfolio’s assets. There is no assurance of returns, and the value of your money may go down as well as up. You need to have a high level of risk tolerance and prior investment expertise in order to invest in this product, which is only available through prospectus.
- Indexed universal life insurance. Virtus Indexed Universal Life, like other permanent insurance plans, provides coverage for the rest of your life while also building cash value. There is a greater risk and reward associated with cash value since it is linked to an index, such as the S&P 500.
Are there any other riders that I may include in my policy?
The insurer provides consumers with a variety of options for adding riders to their policies. The following riders may be available to you if your insurance allows it:
- Rider for increased death benefit. If you’re diagnosed with a terminal disease, you’ll get a portion of your death benefit.
- Riders who are under the age of 18. Provides a limited death benefit in the event of the death of your kid. The rider can cover as many children as you like as long as they are under the age of 25 or have been married before it expires.
- Life-threatening disease compensates the rider. If you’re diagnosed with a chronic or severe sickness, you’ll receive a one-time payment.
- Rider that ensures you’ll be covered by insurance. Enables you to get more insurance without having to prove you’re insurable.
- Rider waiving the right to a higher price. If you become disabled and unable to work, you won’t have to pay your premiums.
Ohio National life insurance reviews and complaints
The Better Business Bureau (BBB) does not accredit Ohio National, yet the company has an A+ rating for its customer service and interactions. As of October 2020, the BBB has not received any consumer feedback or complaints.
As a result, the NAIC awarded the insurance company a complaint ratio of 0.51. With a median ratio of 1, Ohio National receives less complaints than the industry average.
For another life insurance review, visit our review of Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance Review.